Anova Culinary Sous Vide Precision Cookers
Would you like to know the secret to fantastic 5-star restaurant cooking? You are about to discover the tool that top restaurants use to make such succulent, great tasting and great looking dishes time and time again no matter who is actually cooking. Read here about the Anova Culinary Sous Vide Precision Cookers that allow you to cook in your own kitchen the same way gourmet restaurants do it.
Name: Anova Culinary Sous Vide Precision Cookers
Price: Hover your mouse over the image below for price
CEO: Keith McLoughlin
Anova Founders: Stephen Svajian, Jeff Wu, Natalie Vaughn
Overall Rank: 95 out of 100
What Is Sous Vide?
Sous Vide (pronounced sue-veed) is French for “under vacuum”. It is a simple cooking technique that uses a plastic bag placed in a pot of water, for a long time at an accurately controlled temperature.
Sous-vide immersion circulating cookers precisely control the water temperature while circulating the water for even cooking. Low temperatures and longer times than other cooking methods are employed. This ensures that the ingredients reach the same temperature inside as outside and cook evenly throughout. And the vacuum environment locks all the nutrients, moisture, flavor, and aroma into the food.
Time-tested guidelines are used in each recipe so that the exact doneness and perfect texture is reached consistently, every time. For example, cook a 1″ thick steak at 129ºF (53.9ºC) for 1-hour for a perfectly done, edge to edge medium-rare steak each and every time.
The Anova Culinary Sous Vide Precision Cookers – Bluetooth and 2nd Gen Wifi Immersion Circulators allow you to copy this method of cooking at home.
For more information on sous vide cooking refer to this Wikipedia/Sous Vide article.
Anova Culinary Sous Vide Precision Cookers – Product Overview
Sous-Vide cooking, long the secret of top French restaurants has slowly gained popularity in the rest of Europe and in North America. And the Anova Culinary Sous Vide Precision Cookers – Bluetooth and 2nd Gen Wifi Immersion Circulators have become the most popular sous-vide cookers on the market.
First, here is a brief video about why precision is important for cooking sous-vide:
There are two Anova Culinary Sous Vide Precision Cookers available, the 800-watt Bluetooth model and the 900-watt Wifi model. I will explain the minimal differences between them are minimal so that you can decide which one is the best suited for you.
Both circulate water around the pot to prevent hot and cool spots from forming in the water. The pumps are 360º directional pumping at 2.1 gallons (8 liters) per minute. This ensures an even temperature throughout the food.
Both control water temperature to within a 0.01º variance. They each have LED displays with LED backlit scroll wheels. The displays are easily switched between Fahrenheit and Celsius temperature readings. Temperature ranges are 77ºF (25ºC) minimum to 210ºF (99ºC) maximum.
Both models come with a 1.25″ (3.175 cm) wide opening clamp. This is more than wide enough for most containers that you might use, even coolers. It is not a spring style clip like most other cookers. Instead, it uses a screw type clamp that is fully adjustable, clamps more securely, and is much easier to adjust.
Anova Culinary Sous Vide Precision Cookers – Bluetooth vs Wifi
The major differences between the Bluetooth and Wifi models are:
- The Bluetooth model is rated 800 watts which simply means that it heats up a little slower than the Wifi model. In order to overcome this use hot tap water to start. Hot tap water is normally around 128ºF (53.3ºC). Typical sous-vide cooking temperatures are in the 130ºs F.
- Bluetooth range is around 30 ft (9 m) so you need to have your cell phone near the cooker in order to set and monitor it. It will keep cooking even if the phone goes out of range but you will lose monitoring and control capability. With Wifi, you can leave the room, the house, the neighborhood, the city, or even the country and still maintain contact with your sous vide cooker.
So which model is right for you depends on whether or not you need to leave the house while still maintaining control of the device. Got somewhere to go while your Anova Culinary Sous Vide Precision Cooker is working and want to maintain control/monitoring functions, then the Wifi model is the one for you.
- Easy to use – attach the cooker to any pot, add water, put ingredients in a sealed bag, and press start.
- Heats and circulates water in the pot at a very precise temperature – guaranteed results every time.
- Connectivity to your cell phone with an app – Bluetooth or Wifi depending on the model.
- Can also be set manually – you are not tied to your cell phone to use these appliances
- App features:
- 1000+ step-by-step recipes from award-winning chefs
- choose your preferred doneness and press start to cook, the app guides you to the correct settings
- status notifications are sent to your cell phone without you being in the kitchen
- you can share your favorite recipes with your friends
- video tutorials guide you from seasoning to searing
Capacity: Max. container size 4 gallons (15 L)
Finish: Polycarbonate and Stainless Steel
Power: 800 Bluetooth/900 Watts WiFi
Voltage: 120VAC, 60 Hz.
Dimensions: 14.75″ (36.8 cm) x 2.75″ (6.98 cm) x 2.75″ (6.98 cm)
Weight: 2.5 lbs (1.1 kg)
Min. Water Depth: 2.5″ (6.35 cm)
Max. Clamp Opening: 1.25″ (3.175 cm)
Bluetooth Connectivity: BLE 4.0
Wifi Connectivity: 802.11, iOS or Android apps
The Good & the Bad
- The Anova Culinary Sous Vide Precision Cookers bring sous vide cooking to your home. Enjoy using a cooking technique made famous by professional chefs in 5-star restaurants.
- Get consistent results every time because your food is cooked at a precise temperature for the entire time.
- The taste is amazing. Flavor, aroma, moisture, and nutrients are locked in.
- Reduce waste. Cook your food perfectly from edge to edge. It will never be overcooked.
- Steam rising from the water can enter vents on the control head. This has caused temperature fluctuations in some units. An easy solution is to put a plastic bag around the unit between the pot and the control head. Another solution is to use sous vide cooking balls that float on the top of the water preventing water vapor from escaping. These balls cut down on water evaporation which is especially good for very long cook times.
- The Bluetooth app was modified in early 2017 so it appeared to require a login or Facebook information. This upset some customers. According to Anova login is optional and can be bypassed.
Cooking With The Anova Culinary Sous Vide Precision Cookers
A few of the 1000s of recipes available for Anova Culinary Sous Vide Precision Cookers:
- Ribeye steak
- Honey Butter-Glazed Carrots
- Dry Rubbed Tri-Tip Steak
- Sous Vide Picanha
- Nashville Style Hot Chicken
- Chocolate Strawberry Pot De Creme
- Venison Tenderloin
- French Fries
- Browned Coconut Butter
- Short Rib Beef Stroganoff
- Veef Pear Steak
- Beef Short Ribs
- Spicy Pickled Eggs
- Veal and Pork Meatballs in Lemon Caper Sauce
- Classic Fench Dip with Au Jus
- Green Papaya Salad with Sous Vide Shrimp
- and more available at Anova Culinary Recipes
Amazon ratings 4.2 out of 5 stars (79% positive with 4 or 5 stars out of 5).
Fakespot detected over 80% high-quality reviews and gave the Anova Culinary Sous Vide Precision Cookers a Grade B rating.
The Anova Culinary Sous Vide Precision Cookers – Bluetooth and 2nd Gen Wifi Immersion Circulators are for those who want to cook like a 5-star restaurant chef at home.
These amazing sous vide cookers are so simple to use and will have you cooking restaurant quality meals in no time. The bonus Bluetooth or Wifi feature will allow you to cook even while you are away from the kitchen. Amaze yourself and impress everyone with your new found culinary skill.
If you are interested in comparing the Anova Culinary Sous Vide Precision Cookers to others available on the market, visit my blog post The 10 Best Sous Vide Machines Of 2018.
Anova Culinary Sous Vide Precision Cookers – My Final Opinion
These are the most popular sous vide cookers on the market for good reason. The quality, functionality, ease of use, Bluetooth/Wifi features, and durability rate them 95 out of 100 and a highly recommended buy from me.
You can buy them from Amazon by clicking the links below:
Do you own an Anova Culinary Sous Vide Precision? If you have experience or an opinion about this or any other sous vide product, I’d love to hear it. Feel free to leave your comments or questions in the comment box below.