Blender Appetizers and Finger Foods
These delicious Blender Appetizers and Finger Foods add tantalizing flavor before your entrées. Prepare your guests for the main course and add a wow factor to your meals and or as a snack at parties.
Your guests will love this creamy salmon mousse. For the festive season, mold in a bundt pan and garnish to resemble a Christmas wreath.
- 20 ounces sliced, smoked salmon
- cup cold milk
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin – (¼ oz)
- small onion cut into eighths
- 1 large can pink salmon – (14 ¾ oz) plus
- 1 small can pink salmon – (7 ½ oz) drained
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 packet cream cheese – (8 oz)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Chopped parsley (optional)
- Pimiento-stuffed green olives (optional), sliced
- Sliced pimientos (optional)
- Watercress sprigs (optional)
- 1 loaf cocktail-size rye or pumpernickel bread
- Line a 10- or 12-cup bundt pan or ring mold with slices of smoked salmon allowing enough for overlap at the end, set aside.
- Pour 1/2 cup of the milk into the container of an electric blender or bowl of a food processor, sprinkle with gelatin and let stand 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring remaining 1 cup milk to a boil. Pour hot milk into the blender, add onion. Cover and process until onion is in 1/4-inch pieces and gelatin is dissolved.
- Add pink salmon, cream cheese, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, and hot pepper sauce, cover, and process until thoroughly mixed. Pour into the bundt pan, Fold over and overlap the salmon slices to cover the top. Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate for one day.
- To serve, remove the cling wrap. Place a large, round serving plate over pan and flip over. Garnish with parsley, olive slices, and pimientos to resemble a holiday wreath and fill center with watercress, if desired. Serve with bread.
Bacon And Horseradish Dip
This dip can be used for fresh or cooked vegetables. Good for chips and crackers.
Try it on baked potatoes or on sliced roast beef.
Try on barbecue broiled steaks.
Ingredients – Makes 1-1/2 Cups
- 1/2 cup cooked bacon crumbled
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- Put all ingredients in blender container. Cover, press pulse button for 20 seconds or until smooth. Chill 1 hour.
Blue Cheese Dip
Here’s a quick and easy dip that goes with almost anything. Blue Cheese is such a fan favorite it will please pretty much everyone.
Ingredients – Makes 1-3/4 Cups
- 1 cup Creamy cottage cheese
- 4 ounces Blue cheese, crumbled
- cup Cream
- 1/4 small Onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon Red pepper
- 6 sprig parsley
- Put all ingredients in a blender.
- Cover & blend on high speed until smooth, stopping to stir if necessary.
This is a great alternative from your garden to basil, especially early in the season!
- 2 cups Arugula leaves
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup Parmesan or Asiago cheese
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1/8 cup Pine nuts, toasted
- In blender or food processor place arugula, garlic and cheese and blend until smooth. Slowly add olive oil and nuts. Blend until desired consistency.
- Spread on a pizza crust, top with cheddar cheese, onions and fresh tomato slices. Or, simply toss with cooked pasta.
Looking for a blender for making these fabulous appetizer recipes. Click on the following link to find one that suits your needs perfectly, Small Kitchen Appliances For You / Blenders.