Champion 2000 Household Juicer Model G5-NG853S
The Champion 2000 Household Juicer Model G5-NG853S is a well-built, heavy-duty, super durable, single screw masticating type juicer. It is stronger and faster than other household masticating juicers, chopping and squeezing the fibrous pulp out of fruit and veggies with more juice and drier pulp.
Name: Champion 2000 Household Juicer Model G5-NG853S
Price: Hover over image below for latest Amazon.com price
Owners: PLASTAKET MFG. CO., INC.
Overall Rank: 85 out of 100
The Champion series of juicers is in a class of its own. The 2000 household model weighs a hefty 26 pounds so be ready to put it in a place on your counter where you won’t have to move it often. Built to last, it is available in black or white and comes with a 10-year Limited Manufacturers Warranty (1-year on cutting blade and screen).
A heavy-duty 1/3 horsepower GE motor spins the cutting blade faster than other masticating juicers, in fact almost as fast as a centrifugal juicer. This makes for quick work making juice. But the Champion is not limited to just juice, it also makes salsa, nut butter, coconut milk and baby food.
The rapidly spinning cutter blades cut and crush the produce is cut and crushed by the rapidly spinning cutter blade and the pulp is then pressed against the juicing screen. This extracts the juice along with most of the nutrients, vitamins, and enzymes. This masticating process produces a lower level of oxidation than centrifugal methods. Less oxidation means the juice will last longer and can be refrigerated up to 72 hours if stored in a completely filled, tightly sealed container.
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Parts are made of surgical grade stainless steel and BPA food grade nylon.
- Juice is made by dual stage masticating method which produces more juice and drier pulp and minimizes oxidation for longer storage (up to 72 hours).
- Juices hard as well as soft produce including leafy greens.
- External pulp ejection means you can juice continuously.
- Faster than other masticating juicers without loss of quality.
- Attachments are available for wheatgrass, grain milling and homogenizing.
- Replacement parts are easy to obtain. Cutting blades and screen will need to be replaced in approx. 2 years depending on usage. With light duty, they have been known to last 10 years or more.
- Feeding chute is not very large, produce must be pre-cut.
- Very heavy.
- Leafy vegetables take longer to juice than some other juicers.
- A separate attachment is needed for wheatgrass.
- Attachments are relatively expensive.
- Somewhat noisy.
- Removable parts are not dishwasher safe, must be cleaned by hand.
What Fruits And Veggies Does It Juice?
Almost all fruits and vegetables can be juiced and The Champion 2000 Household Juicer Model G5-NG853S handles both hard and soft fruits and veggies with ease.
It is probably easier to list “unjuiceable” produce than to make a list of hard and soft vegetables that can be juiced.
For example, avocados, bananas, citrus rinds, mango and papaya peels, leeks, and eggplants are not good juice candidates. Use a blender and make smoothies with them.
A word of caution about juicing the green tops of carrots, turnips, beetroots, and the tops of some other root vegetables as they have been reported to cause digestive discomfort and even violent stomach reactions when consumed in quantity if your body is not used to them. They are not toxic or poisonous and contain many vitamins and minerals. I prefer to save them to use later in soups, salads and pasta sauces along with other ingredients.
Who Is This Juicer For Or Not?
The Champion 2000 Household Juicer Model G5-NG853S is for anyone that loves to juice. It is a workhorse that will day after day for many years make pretty much any kind of juice that you can imagine. Although expensive compared to other models, it is in a category of its own and after using it for a while it will likely be the only juicer you will ever want (or have) to own.
This is not a juicer for someone who only juices once in a while. The cost, weight and counter space is too much for the occasional use it would get. Eventually, the juicer would get stored once and forever in a cupboard or sold at the yard sale for half price or less. Get this machine for the constant and long-term use that will justify the price and space.
This is not for those who want to only juice greens, at least not without the greens attachment. You need to juice other produce through after a handful of greens in order to clear any clogs and to clean the screens.
For reviews of other Champion juicer type models visit my Champion Juicer Reviews page.
Attachments And Accessories
The Champion 2000 Household Juicer Model G5-NG853S comes with a tamper. Other attachments and accessories available to make it more versatile are:
- Homogenizing Body Attachment
- Greens (Wheatgrass) Attachment
- Grain Mill Attachment
- Deluxe Bowl (comes with Anniversary model)
- Tomato Screen (comes with Anniversary model)
- Large Hole Screen (comes with Anniversary model)
- Cleaning Brush (comes with Anniversary model
Amazon.ca: Champion Juicer Model G5-NG853S
My Final Opinion
For dedicated juicers who love juicing every day with a variety of use, e.g. juice, pureé, baby food, natural fruit ice cream, etc., I give the Champion 2000 Household Juicer Model G5-NG853S a score of 85 out of 100 and a recommended Buy.
Please leave comments or questions below or email me at email@example.com.