Get ready for some great outdoor cooking. Easily transported and set up, it has two powerful burners and a cooking area large enough for a family. Use it on your apartment balcony or backyard patio or take it on a Road Trip like the name says. Is the Coleman RoadTrip LXX Grill an outdoor cooking enthusiasts’ dream? Read my review to find out.
Name: Coleman RoadTrip LXX Grill
Price: See Amazon link below for current pricing
Manufacturer: Newell Brands
CEO: Michael B. Polk
Overall Rank: 90 out of 100
Coleman RoadTrip LXX Grill – Overview
The Coleman RoadTrip LXX Grill is designed for easy portability and fast, efficient outdoor grilling.
Setting up the LXX is a simple 4-step process:
- Lift – place your foot on the towing handle, then grasp the metal handle and lift until the stand is fully extended
- Lock – lower the grill and slide back until the leg extensions lock into their brackets
- Slide – grab hold of the side tables and fully extend each one out
- Light – attach a propane cylinder and push the ignition button with the lid up
With 285 sq. in. of cooking area and two burners blasting away at a total of 22,000 BTUs, is enough to cook for a family or group of 3 to 4 people per batch. However, it is very fast so that you can cook many batches without much delay.
Swapping out cooktops from porcelain-coated cast iron grill grates to griddle tops to stove grates (sold separately) means that you have a wide range of cooking options. Bacon, eggs, and hotcakes for breakfast. Fresh caught fish for lunch and burgers, hot dogs, and steaks for dinner. Brew coffee or boil corn on the other burner while the main meal cooks.
Stainless steel tables slide out from the sides for convenient surfaces to hold food, seasonings, sauces and serving plates. Handy hooks hold tools in easy reach.
When you’re ready to move on, collapsing the Coleman RoadTrip LXX Grill is just as easy as setting it up. The large handle and wheels make it easy to transport to your vehicle where it fits easily in the trunk of any car.
Coleman RoadTrip LXX Grill – Features
Coleman Company Inc. originally founded by William Coffin Coleman in 1900 in Kingfisher, Oklahoma is now owned by Newell Brands. It specializes in camping gear including camp stoves, sleeping bags, coolers, hot tubs, backpacks and numerous other items.
It has gained a reputation for making fine products with high-quality and excellent customer service. The Coleman Company is now headquartered in Wichita, Kansas.
- 285 sq. in. of porcelain-coated, easy to clean, cast iron grills
- Instastart™ push-button ignition
- 2 independently adjustable burners – 11,000 BTUs each, total 22,000 BTUs
- Perfectflow™ technology for perfectly consistent performance even in extreme conditions
- Built-in thermometer to tell you at a glance at how hot a temperature you’re cooking
- Cooks for 1 hour on one 16.4-oz. propane cylinder with both burners on high
- Swaptop™ interchangeable cooktops (sold separately)
- Dual stainless steel sliding side tables give you plenty of room for plates, seasonings, and sauces – slide out of the way for easier transport and storage
- Simple set-up/fold-down operation:
- Lift/lock/slide to open for operation
- Slide/unlock/collapse to close for transport
- Collapsible stand is wheeled for easy transportation
- Built-in tool hooks to keep your cooking utensils handy
- Removable grease management tray avoids spillage, makes cleanup simple and fast
- 3-year limited warranty
Coleman RoadTrip LXX Grill – Performance & Functionality
Size – Cooking Area vs BTUs
The Coleman Road Trip LXX Grill is a 2-burner stove with 285 sq. in. of cooking area. Each burner is independently adjustable up to 11,000 BTUs for a total of 22,000 BTUs. This power allows it to be used in cold, windy weather and still perform well.
However, this high heat output can surprise new users with how fast it cooks. The good news is that PerfectFlow technology provides fine, consistent temperature regulation even at low flame. And the built-in thermometer allows you to monitor temperature as you cook.
With full flame on both burners a single 16.4-oz. propane cylinder will last one hour or 4.5 hours on low. Because it cooks so quickly, you can cook for a large number of people in a short time and not use up all of your gas.
InstaStart pushbutton ignition means you don’t need matches to light the flame.
The two burners are independently controlled so that for small jobs you can use only one burner to save fuel. Or cook two types of food, one on each side with different heat intensities for each.
The Coleman Road Trip LXX Grill is designed for portability. It is easy to set up and just as easy to collapse. The stand is wheeled and the wheels can be used in both operating and collapsed condition.
When collapsed, the grill is compact and flat for easy storage.
This is a sturdy, high-quality grill. Its durability is attested to by its weight.
Coleman backs up the long-lasting, well-built grill with a 3-year limited warranty and great
In addition to the included porcelain coated grill grates, the Coleman Road Trip LXX Grill is compatible with all Swaptop accessories. You can cook with a cast iron griddle on one side and a cast iron grill grate on the other. A Swaptop full-size aluminum griddle is also available.
All Swaptop accessories must be ordered separately.
The Coleman Road Trip LXX Grill is sleek and modern looking. You will be happy to bring it along to a tailgate party and show off to your friends.
Coleman RoadTrip LXX Grill – Specifications
Body Material: Metal, plastic
Stovetop Cooking Area: 285 sq. in. (1838.7 sq. cm.)
Burner Power: 2 x 11,000 BTU/hr each
Total Output: 22,000 BTU/hr
Dimensions: 34″ (86.4cm)L x 19″ (48.3cm)W x 47″ (119.4cm)H
Weight: 45 lb (kg)
Coleman RoadTrip LXX Grill – Pros and Cons
- Powerful dual independently controlled burners
- Fast and efficient cooking
- InstaStart pushbutton (matchless) ignition
- Durable, well-built
- Easy to set up and easy to collapse
- Easy to transport and store
- Versatile with interchangeable accessories, sold separately
- 3-year warranty
- Grill grate has solid metal in the middle which causes uneven grilling across the whole surface
- Grill height not adjustable
- Grease drippings build up around the burners, requires constant cleaning
- Plastic wheels
Coleman RoadTrip LXX Grill – Attachments and Accessories
Included with the Coleman Road Trip LXX Grill are:
- Collapsible wheeled stand
- Porcelain-coated grill grates
- Two 11,000 BTU burners
- InstaStart™ ignition
- Built-in thermometer
- Sliding stainless steel side tables
- Roadtrip Swaptop cast iron griddle
- Roadtrip Swaptop cast iron grill grate
- Roadtrip Swaptop full-size aluminum griddle
- Grill covers
- Rolling case
- 8′ High-pressure propane hose
- and others
Coleman RoadTrip LXX Grill – Customer Reviews
Amazon Customer Review Rating 4.2 out of 5 stars with 80% positive (4 or 5 out of 5 stars):
Fakespot analysis detected 90% high-quality reviews on Amazon and rated them grade A. Camp Chef Company product reviews consistently receive a grade A.
Who is the Coleman RoadTrip LXX Grill For?
If you are looking for a portable, easy to set up, easy to transport and easy to store outdoor camping grill then the Coleman RoadTrip LXX Grill is sure to please you.
You don’t have to be a camper to enjoy this grill. Use it on your porch or patio. Take it RVing, picnicking or to your next tailgate party.
And add versatility with one or more of the Swaptop interchangeable accessories.
If this is not what you are looking for, read my post, The 10 Best Camping Stoves & Grills For 2018 where you will find something more suited to your needs. And Happy Camping.
Coleman RoadTrip LXX Grill – My Final Opinion
For those of you that are looking for a portable, fast, efficient outdoor grill for your family, I give the Coleman RoadTrip LXX Grill 90 out of 100 and a highly recommended Buy.
Coleman RoadTrip LXX Grill – Buy Now
Click on the following link to buy now on Amazon:
Are you happy with your Coleman RoadTrip LXX Grill or do you have additional comments to add to this review? Please take a little time to let others know. Add your comment or questions in the comment box below, I’d love to hear from you.