- Good size for small family
- Very attractive
- Easy to use
- Easy to clean
- 3-Year Limited Warranty
- Poor grease management design
- Exterior gets hot
- Shipping cost not included in warranty.
The Cuisinart Griddler GR-4N 5 in 1 Grill/Griddle is a multi-function grill/griddle with five cooking options. Great looking, easy to use and easy to clean. And with dual temperature controls everything is perfectly cooked every time. You will be cooking gourmet meals in no time at all. To see if this is the best grill/griddle cooking appliance for you read this detailed and unbiased review.
Cuisinart Griddler – Overview
Breakfast, lunch or dinner the Cuisinart Griddler GR-4N 5 in 1 grill/griddle has the versatility to handle them all. Its multi-function abilities include:
- Contact Grill
- Panini Press
- Full Grill
- Full Griddle
- Half Grill/Half Griddle
Simply flip the reversible cooking plates and adjust the hinge to cook in any mode.
As a Contact Grill you can cook burgers, boneless or thin pieces of meat, and vegetables quickly. The hinged floating cover allows you to adjust to the thickness of the food.
“Panini” is the Italian word for grilled sandwiches. Grill any combination of ingredients such as vegetables, meat, and cheese between two pieces of bread or pita. Use the grill plates to get traditional grill marks on the bread.
Cook burgers, steak, poultry (boneless), fish, and vegetables in Full Grid or Full Griddle mode. Open the cover until it is lying flat. This doubles the cooking surface. Different foods with varying thicknesses can be cooked on each side in this way.
Flip one side of the Cuisinart Griddler to griddle and the other side to grill to use Half Grill/Half Griddle mode. Full meals like bacon and eggs or steak and potatoes can be cooked at the same time.
Cuisinart Griddler – Features
The Cuisinart Griddler GR-4N 5 in 1 Grill/Griddle has enough capacity to cook a full meal for a small family. The reversible plates measure 11″ x 9″ each. When fully open this is almost 200 square inches of cooking surface.
It is not for larger groups of family and friends. Although it is quick you wouldn’t be able to cook fast enough for everyone to eat at the same time.
Folded up for storage it doesn’t take up a lot of cupboard space. But, fully opened up you won’t have much room for anything else on your countertop.
1500 watts of power make cooking fast with the Cuisinart Griddler. Preheating is very quick. A green light on the temperature dials indicates when the unit has reached the desired temperature.
Three selector dials are mounted on the front.
- Selector – is a 3-position switch used to set Griddle, Off or Grill-Panini mode,
- Griddle – this dial adjusts temperature from 200°F to 425°F (93.3°C to 218°C) in Griddle mode.
- Grill-Panini – is a 5-position switch for setting Warm, Low, Med, High or Sear temperature in Grill-Panini mode.
The Cuisinart Griddler GR-4N 5 in 1 Grill/Griddle is one of the most attractive grill/griddle units I have ever seen. The brushed stainless steel finish really grabs your attention. And it has modern stylish lines including the unique shape of the handle.
The cooking plates are nonstick coated. Cleaning is easy because oil and grease drain into an integrated removable drip tray.
The drip tray and plates are easily removed (after cooling down). They are dishwasher-safe and BPA free. A dishwasher-safe scraping tool is included for easy removal of stuck on residue.
One suggestion for even easier cleanup is to line the drip tray with aluminum foil. After cooking, toss the accumulated oil and grease with the aluminum foil and the drip tray is already clean.
The Cuisinart Griddler GR-4N 5 in 1 Grill/Griddle package includes:
- 1500 watt base with floating cover and fully opening hinge
- Removable, reversible top and bottom cooking plates – one side grill and flip side griddle surfaces
- Integrated drip tray
- Scraping tool
- Instruction manual with 20 recipes
- Limited 3-year warranty – unfortunately you have to ship the product back to Cuisinart for repair/replacement and pay an additional $10 fee to get it back (unless you live in California).
Cuisinart GR-WAFP Griddler Waffle Plates are available for the Cuisinart Griddler. You can buy them on Amazon for less than you would pay on the Cuisinart website.
|Capacity:||Closed: ~100 sq. in. of cooking surface|
Open: ~200 sq. inches of cooking surface
|Finish:||Brushed stainless steel|
|Materials:||Body: Stainless Steel|
Cooking Plates: Non-stick coated die-cast aluminum
|Temperature:|| Griddle: 200°F to 425°F (93.3°C to 218°C)|
|Voltage:||120VAC, 60 Hz.|
|Dimensions:||13.5″ (34.3 cm) x 11.5″ (29.2 cm) x 7.12″ (18.1 cm)|
|Weight:||11 lbs. (5 kg.)|
Cuisinart Griddler – What Is It For?
The Cuisinart Griddler GR-4N 5 in 1 Grill/Griddle makes healthy meals quickly for yourself and your small family. Use it for cooking any meal including appetizers, main entrées, and dessert.
Here are just a few dishes that you can make with it:
- Cinnamon Sugar French Toast
- Breakfast Sausage
- Asparagus, Prosciutto, Roasted Pepper & Fontina Panini
- Chicken Quesadilla Wraps
- The Main Course
- The Best Hamburger
- Shrimp Fajitas
- Southwestern Spiced Grilled Rib Eye Steaks
- Teriyaki Grilled Chicken
- Side Dishes
- Potato & Gorgonzola Cakes
- Grilled Green Beans with Feta
- Cheese & Raisin Danish on Swirl Bread Panini
- Grilled Pound Cake with Cinnamon Glazed Pears
- and more
These and other delicious recipes for the Cuisinart Griddler are available on the “Kitchen Sync” app downloadable for iPhones, iPads, Android, and Kindle.
Cuisinart Griddler – Pros & Cons
- Sized for individuals and small families
- Pre-heats and Grills Fast
- Versatile with 5 cooking modes
- Leaves Grill Marks
- Very Attractive
- Easy to use
- Easy to clean
- 3-year limited warranty
- The drip tray is poorly designed. It is small and the trays aren’t tilted so the grease doesn’t slide naturally to the drain hole. You have to place a couple of wedges (heat resistant) under the feet on the opposite side of the grill.
- Non-stick coating eventually wears off. However, replacement plates are available and not expensive.
- Does not give food an outdoor BBQ flavor.
- Exterior gets hot. Use the handle to lift the cover and always let the unit cool before removing the plates, cleaning, or picking up for storage.
- Buyer has to pay shipping to return defective unit back to Cuisinart for repair/replacement plus a $10 fee to get it back.
Cuisinart Griddler – My Final Opinion
The Cuisinart Griddler GR-4N 5 in 1 Grill/Griddle is ideal for students, singles, small apartments, cottages, RVs, or even small families. I highly recommend it if you are in this category and rate it 8.9 out of 10.
Buy it now on Amazon by clicking below:
If this review of the Cuisinart Griddler GR-4N 5 in 1 Grill/Griddle helped you please give it a like and share it on social media with your friends. Buttons are provided on this page for your convenience.
Also, your feedback, comments, and questions would be greatly appreciated. Please leave them in the comment box.
Small Kitchen Appliances For You is here to help you. Please help me to continue providing helpful and informative articles and reviews by letting me know what you want to see.