Hamilton Beach Big Mouth Juice Extractor
- Wide Feed Chute
- Easy to assemble/disassemble
- Easy to clean
- Large pulp bin
- High juice spout
- Complaints about clamps
- Centrifugal juicer not as healthy as other types
Need to save some time making juice for a number of people? You can reduce your prep time because the wide feed chute on the Hamilton Beach Big Mouth Juice Extractor (67601A) can process whole fruits and vegetables without cutting. It has an extra large pulp bin which allows continuous juicing.
Name: Hamilton Beach Big Mouth Juice Extractor (67601A)
Price: See the image at the bottom of the page for the current Amazon price
Owners: NACCO Industries, Cleveland, OH, USA
CEO: Alfred M. Rankin Jr.
Overall Rank: 86 out of 100
Hamilton Beach Big Mouth Juice Extractor – Overview
The Hamilton Beach Big Mouth Juicer Extractor (67601A) is a centrifugal type juicer with a wide 3″ feed chute. The wide mouth chute and the 800-watts of power reduce prep time because fruit and vegetables do not have to be pre-cut. The low cost makes this an ideal juicer for anyone wanting to get started in juicing. It is convenient for making personalized juices quickly without a lot of preparation.
Hamilton Beach Big Mouth Juice Extractor – Features
The Hamilton Beach Big Mouth Juicer Extractor (67601A) is fast and powerful. 800 watts of peak power quickly extract juice from the toughest fruits and veggies.
It’s 3″ feed chute saves you time and effort because you don’t have to cut whole produce into smaller pieces in order to juice them.
The juice spout is mounted high on the unit so that you can juice directly into any size container you wish, large or small.
An extra large pulp bin is provided so you can juice continuously without having to empty it again and again.
It is easy to assemble for operation and quick to disassemble for cleaning. The removable plastic parts are BPA-free and dishwasher-safe. A cleaning brush is included for easy cleaning of the strainer basket.
Hamilton Beach back their product up with a 3-year warranty for your assurance of long life.
Watch this video to view the features of this great juicer.
Hamilton Beach Big Mouth Juice Extractor – Pros & Cons
- Extra Wide 3″ Feed Chute handles most whole fruits and veggies uncut
- Stainless steel cutter/strainer
- Produces up to 24% more apple juice than competitors (Manufacturer’s claim)
- Easy to assemble, use, and disassemble for cleaning
- Dishwasher-safe (top shelf away from heating element and not on SANI-cycle)
- Large pulp bin for continuous juicing
- The high juice spout accommodates taller juice containers
- Plastic construction seems fragile, especially clamps but no complaints about breakage of clamps
- Operates at only 1 speed
- Some complaints include early failure; Hamilton Beach offered to replace some of the units on warranty. However, one customer noted that if the clamps are not secured correctly the unit will not operate. This may be the cause of at least some of the complaints.
- All centrifugal juicers create heat and oxidation thus reducing the nutritional value of the juice and decreasing its shelf life. Consume the juice immediately after making it.
What Is The Hamilton Beach Big Mouth Juice Extractor Used For?
The Hamilton Beach Big Mouth Juice Extractor (67601A) makes juice of all kinds. Here a couple of the recipes that you can use it for (from the Hamilton Beach website:
Spicy Veggie Delight
- 2 broccoli florets with stalk
- 1/4 green pepper
- 1 carrot
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 tomato
- Hot pepper sauce to taste
- Juice all vegetables in order listed
- Add hot pepper sauce to taste
- Stir well and serve
Makes: 1 serving
- 4 medium kale leaves
- 2 medium carrots, trimmed
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 Granny Smith apple, quartered
- 1/2 lemon, peeled
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled
- Juice all ingredients in order listed
- Stir will and serve.
Makes: 2 servings
Who Is The Hamilton Beach Big Mouth Juice Extractor For Or Not?
If you are looking for a quick and convenient way to start your juicing habit, this is a good starter. The price is lowest in its class. The wide mouth feed chute cuts prep time down considerably.
Centrifugal juicing does not produce as healthy juice as slow masticating juicers. Centrifugal juicers have rapidly spinning blades that add heat and oxidation to the juice. Heat destroys the value of the enzymes and vitamins in the juice. Oxidation creates froth and degrades the taste and freshness of the juice. Always consume juice produced by centrifugal juicers immediately after making.
To learn more about juicing, click this link: Wikipedia/Juice
However, if you are into or intend to get into juicing on a more serious basis or to make a healthier juice, then you should be considering a masticating type or even a Champion juicer. Read my Juicers page to find many others that might better suit your needs.
Hamilton Beach Big Mouth Juice Extractor – Customer Reviews
Amazon customers give the Hamilton Beach Big Mouth Juice Extractor 4.1 out of 5 stars. 77% of the reviews are positive (4 or 5 out of 5 stars). Fakespot analysed the Amazon reviews and found over 90% to be high quality giving it an A grade.
Hamilton Beach Big Mouth Juice Extractor – Specifications
|Power:||800 Watts Peak|
|Voltage:||120VAC, 60 Hz.|
|Dimensions:||13″ (33 cm) x 9.25″ (23.5 cm) x 16.25″ (41.3 cm)|
|Weight:||9.8 lbs. (4.4 kg.)|
Hamilton Beach Big Mouth Juice Extractor – Final Opinion
For those that want a low-cost kick-starter to try juicing for the first time, or want to make personalized juice to their taste on an occasional basis, I give the Hamilton Beach Big Mouth Juice Extractor (67601A) a score of 86 out of 100 and a recommended Buy.
Click the image below to Buy on Amazon.
Learn more about juicing, read my how is juicing healthy post.
Do you have a Hamilton Beach Big Mouth Juice Extractor?
Share your opinion, comments or questions on this or any other juicer based on your personal experience in the comments box below.