Instant Pot Chicken Recipes
Enjoy these great Instant Pot Chicken Recipes. Tried and trusted for many years, my family loves them. Not difficult to make and the Instant Pot takes so much time and effort out of making them. Hope you enjoy them as much as we do.
Filipino Pressure Cooker Chicken Adobo
- 6 chicken drumsticks or 2 pounds chicken meat
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Green onions, chopped for garnish
- ¼ cup Filipino soy sauce
- ½ cup light soy sauce (not low sodium soy sauce)
- ¼ cup Filipino vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 10 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground black peppercorn
- 1 dried red chili
- 4 dried bay leaves
Optional: Cornstarch mixture
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Combine Filipino soy sauce, light soy sauce, Filipino vinegar, fish sauce and sugar in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add oil to the pot and brown the chicken for 1 to 2 minutes with the skin side down first. (Instant Pot users: press sauté button) Then, remove the chicken from the pot.
- Sauté garlic and onion in the pot until fragrant and golden in color. Then, add ground black peppercorn, red chili, and bay leaves to the pot and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add the Sauce mixture and deglaze the pot.
- Cook at high pressure for 9 minutes with an Electric Pressure Cooker, then natural release.
- Remove the chicken from the pot. Simmer the sauce and add cornstarch mixture until the sauce is reduced (Instant Pot users: press sauté button).
- Brown the chicken underneath a broiler with the skin side up for 5 minutes.
- Place chicken on serving plate, pour in the Sauce mixture, add chopped green onions for garnish.
Crispy Pressure Cooker Chicken with Homemade Gravy
- 6 chicken thighs
- 4 garlic cloves roughly chopped
- 1 small onion sliced
- 1 cup water cold
- 1 pinch rosemary
- kosher salt to taste
- black pepper ground, to taste
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch mixed with 2 1/2 tablespoons of water
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs depending on the size of chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Kosher salt to taste
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 extra large eggs beaten
- 1 to 1 1/2 panko breadcrumbs toasted
- Add onion, garlic, and rosemary to the bottom of the pressure cooker. Pour in 1 cup of cold running water and place a steamer basket into the pressure cooker.
- Place chicken thighs in the basket. Avoid stacking them too tightly. Close lid and pressure cook at High Pressure for 6 minutes (small thighs) to 9 minutes (large thighs). Turn off the heat and Full Natural Release (roughly 10 minutes). Open the lid carefully.
- While the chicken thighs are pressure cooking, heat a skillet over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons of butter, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and 1 – 1 1/2 cup of panko breadcrumbs to the skillet. Toast the breadcrumbs until golden brown. Taste and add a small amount of kosher salt for seasoning.
- Preheat oven to 400°F while the pressure cooker is natural releasing.
- Check with a food thermometer to ensure the chicken thighs have reached an internal temperature of at least 165°F on the thickest part without touching the bone. Remove the chicken thighs from the pressure cooker. Pat dry the chicken thighs with a paper towel. Lightly season with salt and ground black pepper.
- Lightly coat the chicken thighs with flour, dip them into the beaten eggs, and cover them with toasted buttery breadcrumbs. Place the chicken thighs on a wired rack and into the oven for roughly 5 to 10 minutes until the toasted breadcrumbs stick onto the chicken.
- While the chicken thighs are in the oven, press Sauté function on the Instant Pot. Taste and season the chicken dripping mixture with 1 tablespoon of light soy sauce (mostly for color), salt and ground black pepper. Taste the seasoning one last time and add more salt if desired. Mix the cornstarch with water and mix it into the chicken gravy one-third at a time until desired thickness.
- Serve piping-hot with your favorite side dishes!
Instant Pot Chicken With Cherries And Pumpkin Seed Wild Rice
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup evaporated palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 orang peeled and quartered
- 1 onion julienned
- 12 chicken thighs
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- 2 cups Bing Cherries pitted and halved fresh
- 4 cups vegetable stock low sodium
- 1 1/3 cups wild rice rinsed
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 onion minced
- 2 plum tomatoes diced
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds toasted
- sea salt to taste
- In the inner pot of the Instant Pot add the balsamic vinegar, evaporated palm sugar, molasses, butter, orange, and onion. Mix well.
- Add the chicken, salt, and rosemary. Stir to coat.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of cherries. Place the lid on the pressure cooker and lock into place. Press the Meat/Stew button; adjust pressure cooking time to 25 minutes.
- When done and pressure has naturally released, remove the lid.
- While the chicken is cooking: Bring veggie stock to boil in a medium saucepan on the stove top. Add rinsed wild rice. Cover and simmer for 50 minutes.
- In a large sauté pan, heat the butter. Sauté onion until caramelized.
- Add tomato and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes. Add onions and tomato to the rice.
- Add 1/2 cup of cherries to the sauté pan and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes until soft and juicy.
- Add cherries and toasted pumpkin seeds to the rice. Stir to incorporate. Add salt if needed.
- Place wild rice on a serving platter and top with chicken. Pour juices from the chicken over the entire platter and garnish with rosemary. Enjoy!
For the best appliance for you to use to cook these amazing recipes, visit my post 12 Best Instant Pot and Multi-function Cookers Of 2018.
Find more delicious Instant Pot Chicken Recipes on Recipes.InstantPot.com
And if you liked these recipes please like and share this page with your friends on social media. Just click on the icon of your favorite.