*NEW* The Instant Pot Nova Plus Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker is the latest multi-cooker in the Instant Pot line-up. It is the next tier in the DUO series.
The Nova Plus caters to varying tastes and dietary food restrictions with additional settings for a large variety of smart programs.
|Name:||Instant Pot Plus Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker|
|Price:||Click the image at bottom of page for current price on Amazon|
|Owner:||Instant Pot® Company|
|Rating:||93 out of 100|
Instant Pot Nova Plus 6 Quart 9-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker – Overview
The Instant Pot DUO is the #1 selling cooker in North America. The Instant Pot Nova Plus Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker adds features to the DUO for more versatility.
It has the same large, blue LCD display but adds 4 new status indicators to monitor the progress of your cooking.
Additional settings that cater to your personal needs and preferences include 3 settings, ‘Less’, ‘Normal’, and ‘More’. See features below for details on how these additional settings are used to adjust the various smart programs to your taste.
The fully sealed environment traps steam, nutrients, and aromas inside the pot enhancing the flavor and healthiness of the food.
Instant Pot Nova Plus 6 Quart 9-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker – Features
- Nova Plus replaces many of your most used small kitchen appliances with 1 –
- Pressure Cooker
- Slow Cooker
- Sauté/Searing Pan
- Rice/Porridge/Multigrain Cooker
- Yogurt Maker
- and more
- 15 Smart Programs are available at a single touch
- Slow Cook
- Pressure Cook
- Four icons have been added to the display:
- Heat – shows when heating or cooking is in progress
- Pressure Cook – is shown when the pressure cook program is in use
- Keep Warm – indicates whether auto-keep warm feature is selected ON or OFF
- Sound – can be turned ON/OFF as indicated by this icon
- Adjustments to settings are quick, easy and can be done at any time, even after cooking has started.
- Personal customizations, ‘Less’, ‘Normal’ or ‘More’, are remembered for each program.
- Cooking start time can be delayed up to 24 hours.
- For your health food grade 304 (18/8) stainless steel is used for all parts in contact with food. This includes the inner pot, lid, and steam rack with handles. No chemical coating is used.
- The 3-ply bottom spreads heat evenly, quickly, and efficiently throughout the contents.
- The exterior is a high-quality, brushed stainless steel that resists fingerprints and enhances any kitchen design.
- Cool handles incorporate lid holders for either right- or left-handed users.
- Clean up is quick and easy. The lid, inner pot, and steam rack are all dishwasher-safe.
- Fast and flexible pressure cooking reduces cooking time by as much as 70% on High pressure setting.
- Low pressure setting allows you to cook delicate foods like broccoli reducing the risk of overcooking.
- The inner pot is clearly marked at 1/2 and 2/3 full as guides for max fill for pressure cooking.
- The pressure cooking setting allows cooking up to a maximum of 4 hours.
- Three slow cooking temperatures can be chosen with the ‘Less’, ‘Normal’ or ‘More’ settings. Cooking time is adjustable between 0.5 – 20 hours.
- Customize temperature settings (‘Less’, ‘Normal’, or ‘More’) for a maximum of 30 minutes (for safety).
- Three temperature settings ‘Less’, ‘Normal’, or ‘More’ are available. These different serving temperatures can be held for up to 24 hours.
- 10 proven safety mechanisms ensure your peace of mind
- Regulated working pressure prevents exceeding safe operating pressure limit
- Anti-block mechanism keeps food debris away from the vent
- When the cooker is under pressure, the lid cannot be opened
- The unit will not operate unless the lid is locked in the proper position
- Automatic temperature control is set by the selected program
- Temperature is monitored and controlled to avoid burning food
- Pressure is monitored and controlled to keep pressure in the safe range
- Overpressure is directed into an internal chamber preventing discharge into the atmosphere near you
- Electrical overcurrent shuts the power off
- Smart leak detection detects an open release valve or leaking seal
|Finish:||Brushed Stainless Steel|
|Materials:||Food Grade 304 (18/8) Stainless Steel|
|Voltage:||120VAC, 60 Hz.|
|Dimensions:||13.4″ (34 cm) x 12.2″ (31 cm) x 12.5″ (31.7 cm)|
|Weight:||11.5 lbs. (5.22 kg.)|
Instant Pot Nova Plus 6 Quart 9-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker – Pros & Cons
- Replaces 9 most commonly used kitchen appliances
- Up to 70% quicker for more efficiency
- Versatile smart programming
- Flexible programming
- Made in North America
- Long 35″ detachable power cord
- A transparent lid for the non-pressure cooking modes like slow cooker would allow monitoring of cooking progress without lifting the lid and losing heat.
Cooking With The Instant Pot Nova Plus 6 Quart 9-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker
Cooking is quick and easy with the Instant Pot Nova Plus Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker. The 15 built-in smart programs are accessible with a simple push of a button.
For more versatility and flexibility you can press the program button again to select “Less”, “Normal” or “More”. You can fine tune the time by pushing the +/- buttons to add/subtract time.
Always remember to add water to pressure cooking programs. Do not fill the inner pot more than 2/3 full, but no more than 1/2 full for food that expands during cooking such as rice or dried vegetables.
Pressure can be released in one of two ways:
- For natural release, allow the cooker to cool down naturally until the float valve drops down. This can take from 10 to 40 minutes or more.
- For quick release, turn the steam release handle to the venting position. This lets steam out until the float valve drops down. However, always use caution when using quick release. Keep hands away from the venting steam to avoid scalds and burns.
To cancel any program during cooking just press the cancel button.
Thousands of recipes are available online. Most pressure cooker and slow cooker recipes are easily adapted to the Instant Pot. Or you can download the specifically designed for Instant Pot recipe app from iTunes or Google Play.
Who Is The Instant Pot Nova Plus 6 Quart 9-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker For?
The Instant Pot Nova Plus 6 Quart 9-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker is ideal for:
- small families of 4 or 5 people
- singles or couples that occasionally entertain small groups of friends
- fast-paced lifestyles that need convenient but versatile and flexible cooking methods
- small kitchens that need multi-function appliances to save space, time, and energy
However, if this is not the appliance that fits your lifestyle, don’t worry. Small Kitchen Appliances For You has lots of alternatives. Read this post, 7 Best Instant Pot Multi-cookers For 2019 or browse in “Categories” for more choices that may better suit your needs.
Instant Pot Nova Plus 6 Quart 9-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker – Final Opinion
The Instant Pot Nova Plus Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker is fast, healthy, energy efficient and built with high-quality materials and workmanship. For the great features and attractive appearance I give this marvelous appliance 93 out of 100 and a highly recommended Buy.
Click the image below to find out more and get yours on Amazon.
If you have any comments, opinions or questions, please leave them in the comments box.
Also, if you found this review informative and helpful, don’t forget to like and share it with your friends. Just click on your favorite social media icon.