Ninja Professional Blender BL610 Review
Are you looking for a high-powered countertop blender that crushes ice, makes smoothies in seconds, with a large capacity blending container? The Ninja Professional Blender BL610 has power and blade design so it can handle even the hardest produce you can feed it. And the huge 72 oz. container means that you can blend enough for a large party in one go.
Name: Ninja Professional Blender BL610
Price: See below
Owners: SharkNinja Operating LLC
Overall Rank: 90 out of 100
The Ninja Professional Blender BL610 is rated at 1000 Watts of power, sufficient to handle pretty much everything you would ever need to blend in your kitchen.
The blade design, which Ninja calls “Total Crushing® Technology” is unique and creates a powerful vortex to quickly turn ice into snow and solid food into liquid. Yet, when using pulse mode the very sharp blades can be precisely controlled. This makes the machine into a food processor for even better value for the money. It is very important in a small kitchen for your appliances to be able to multi-task.
One thing to note is the sharpness of the blades. Care needs to be taken when handling the blade assembly. When pouring contents out of the container always keep the lid on and use the convenient pour spout. The blade assembly is not fixed to the bottom and can come out suddenly. If you try to stop it you can easily grab a sharp blade and cut your hand. Similarly, when cleaning always remove the blade assembly by holding the top and take care not to touch any of the sharp blades.
You can make 6 to 9 servings, depending on serving size, all at one time in the large 72 oz. blending container. The jar is BPA-free and dishwasher-safe.
Safety and Control
For safety, the container with the blade attached and the lid must both be locked and clicked in place before the unit can be turned on. The unit has 3 speeds controlled by a simple 5 button interface on the front panel. Buttons are:
- Power – turns unit on/ off
- Low – for processing and mixing thin batters, gravies and marinades
- Medium – crush ice, grate hard cheeses, grind nuts, chop, cream soups, blend mixed drinks, and make milkshakes
- High – purée and liquify, mix smoothies, frappes, and blend whole fruits and veggies
- Pulse – use to control chopping and processing and for bursts of power
The blender is easily cleaned. Removable parts are all dishwasher safe. The lid and stacked blade assembly are top rack dishwasher safe.
The 1000W power rated motor is protected by a thermal overload. Many other units use a breakable drive assembly, which you have to replace, in order to protect the more expensive motor. With a thermal protection device, all you have to do is clear the problem that created the overload condition, wait 15 minutes until the motor cools down, then restart the blender.
The Ninja Professional Blender BL610 comes with a 1-year limited warranty.
- Large Capacity
- BPA-free components
- Thermal overload protection
- Multi-tasking – blender and food processor in one
- Very sharp blades are not firmly fixed in place and so can cause cuts if not handled carefully
- The container is plastic and has a tendency to develop cracks if heated. This means dishwashing on the top shelf, away from the hottest area of the dishwasher. And don’t use it for blending hot soup or sauces.
- Some people complain about the short cord (2 foot) so you need to be close to a power outlet or use an extension cord
- Fairly large (Dimensions: 10.6 x 8.2 x 15.8 inches). Check the height and space under your kitchen cabinets to make sure it will fit fully assembled. Also, how near is a power receptacle to the place you want to use it?
What Fruits And Veggies Does It Juice?
Almost all fruits and vegetables can be blended. The Ninja Professional Blender BL610 handles all with ease.
It also doubles as a food processor. Use the pulse button in order to chop fruit and veggies to the size that you want.
What Is This Blender For?
The Ninja Professional Blender BL610 is for:
- Scrambling eggs
- Chopping vegetables
- Grating (hard) cheese
- Making cream soups
- Beating dips
- Grinding Nuts
- Blending sauces and spreads
- Blending mixed drinks
- Making milkshakes
- Mixing smoothies
- Making frapées
- Liquifying thick mixtures
- Blending whole fruit and vegetables
- And more – click on my Blender Recipes tab to see what else you can make with a blender
- (1) 1000 Watt Base
- (1) Total Crushing® Technology
- (1) 72 oz. pitcher with lid
- (1) Stacked Blade Assembly
- (1) 25-Recipe Inspiration Guide
Average 4.4 out of 5 stars
By Rob on September 25, 2016
Color: Black/Verified Purchase
To all the people giving this blender a poor review because they were harmed by blades “popping out.” The blender lid locks in and the lid itself has a pouring spout that you are supposed to open to pour the drink or smoothie out with. Personally, I like how easy it is to remove the blades. Makes for easy cleaning if you’re making something more than a smoothie where you have to take the entire lid off, you can reach in, grab the head of the blade attachment and just easily pull the blade out. It’s a fantastic product and you can’t blame the product for a “design flaw” when it’s simply OPERATOR ERROR.
By japanvle on May 15, 2017
Color: Black/Verified Purchase
I bought this blender exactly 1 year ago and I am now writing my review on it. I never write reviews but my experience with Ninja’s customer service was so exceptional that I felt compelled to write one.
I’ll start by saying the Ninja is an excellent blender for the price. I blend frozen fruit with it every single day. It pulverizes everything into a smooth drink every time.
About 1 week ago, for an unknown reason, my blender stopped working; when I went to turn it on the power button just started blinking instead. I wasn’t sure what this meant so I emailed Ninja. The representative was kind, attentive, and replied to my emails extremely promptly (sometimes within minutes). I let him know what happened, and all he asked me for was:
1) the blender model number
2) where I purchased the blender and the approximate date of purchase
3) the warranty number (which happens to be just a 4 digit number engraved on the prongs which plug-in to your electrical outlet)
As soon as I gave him that information, he emailed me with a confirmation-of-shipment of a new pitcher along with a tracking number. The new pitcher arrived in 3 business days and my blender is working like new again (I never figured out what was wrong with the old pitcher or why it was preventing my blender from turning on).
I love companies that provide exceptional customer service and I will never purchase another blender other than Ninja. Thank you, Ninja!
By Erickson on March 4, 2015
Color: Black/Verified Purchase
After three uses a crack developed along the bottom of the pitcher from one end to the other. The only thing I ever blended was fruit. Their warranty states that I will have to pay $19.95 for shipping to have it replaced. At 20% of the purchase price, I don’t even know if it’s worth it. Based on my experience, I do not recommend this blender.
My Final Opinion
For kitchens with enough countertop and cupboard space to store and use the Ninja Professional Blender BL610 and people that want ice crushing power and technology, I give it a score of 90 out of 100 and a recommended Buy.
What’s your experience/opinion with the Ninja Professional Blender BL 610? Leave your comments or questions in the comments box below and I’ll be happy to reply.