NutriBullet Pro 900 Personal Blender Review
The NutriBullet Pro 900 Personal Blender is a powerful (900 Watt) single-serving personal blender that comes with loads of accessories for make-and-go convenience.
Name: NutriBullet Pro (900 Series) Personal Blender
Price: Hover mouse over Amazon links below for pricing
Owners: NutriBullet, LLC
Overall Rank: 85 out of 100
The NutriBullet Pro 900 Personal Blender features a powerful 900-watt motor combined with a newly designed extractor blade to create “cyclonic action” so as to liquify ingredients in a very quick and efficient manner. Click the link to read my post, How Does A Blender Work?
Simple to use, just add your ingredients to one of the 2 large (24 or 32 oz) containers included, attach the blade, invert and attach to the base. Then switch on and let the blender go to work. In a very short time, the ingredients will be blended to your desired consistency and then you can shut it off. After it’s done, remove the container and blade, separate the blade from the cup, put the lid on and you are good to go.
The large (3-7/8″) opening of the cups reduces preparation time. Fruits and veggies do not have to be cut into small pieces to fit and spills are avoided when adding liquids or protein and other powders. Cleaning is also a breeze due to the large opening size.
The blender is more powerful and faster but also a bit noisier (102 dB) than most other blenders on the market. However, because the unit is so fast, the noise does not last for a long time.
An early complaint about the unit concerned a safety risk when used as an ice crusher. NutriBullet addressed this concern with newly designed blades which are thicker and stronger. However, the company still states that ice should only be used as 25% of the ingredients for best results.
Click here to read Consumer Reports retraction of the ice crushing risk.
There have also been complaints about leaks around the blade seals. Of these complaints, those that were addressed to NutriBullet, LLC were all resolved. In some cases, a NutriBullet customer rep took care of the problem over the phone. And on at least one occasion, the faulty unit was replaced with a new one. NutriBullet seems to stand behind their product. On their website, they offer a 30-day money back guarantee. Their standard warranty is 1 year, with an optional extended 4-year limited warranty.
- Large 3-7/8″ container opening
- 2 BPA-free containers – 24 oz. and large 32 oz. capacities
- 3 Lids – flip-top to-go, slip ring, and handled slip ring
- Fast blending time (compared to other manufacturer’s similar models)
- Easy to clean
- Many accessories included
- Comes with handy Nutrition Guide and Recipe Book
- Good customer support
- Easily obtained spare/repair parts
- Very loud (compared to other manufacturer’s similar models)
- Problem with blade seal leaks – however, all complaints raised to NutriBullet appear to have been resolved
- Not to be used as an ice crusher, use ice as only 25% of the ingredient mix
The NutriBullet Pro 900 Personal Blender comes with several accessories available depending on the model purchase:
- 9-piece Model NB9-0901 – power base, 1 colossal cup, 1 tall cup, 1 emulsifying blade, 1 flip-top lid, 1 handled lip ring, 1 comfort lip ring, pocket nutritionist, recipe book and user manual
- 13-piece Model NB9-1301 – power base, 2 colossal cups, 1 emulsifying blade, 2 flip-top lids, 2 handled lip rings, 2 comfort lip rings, pocket nutritionist, hardcover recipe book and user manual
- 15-piece Model NB9-1501 – same as the 13 piece model plus 1 extra blade and cup.
- All models include access to hundreds of recipes on the NutriBullet website. There is at least one complaint that the recipe book included with the blender does not have a lot of recipes but was more of a “propaganda” booklet about the nutritional benefits of using the NutriBullet Pro.
Looking for a healthy boost? If so then why not try some of these NutriBullet Superfood accessories:
- NutriBullet Superfood Fat Burning Boost, 4 Ounce
- NutriBullet Superfood Cleansing Greens
- NutriBullet Superfood Super Boost
- NutriBullet Superfood Protein Blend 5.3 Oz
What Fruits And Veggies Does It Blend?
The NutriBullet Pro 900 Personal Blender blends all hard and soft fruits and veggies with ease. Even skin and small seeds are not a problem. It also does a great job of making nut butter and pureés.
Is This Blender For You Or Not?
If you want a powerful, single-serve smoothie maker with the convenience of a large capacity blender container that doubles as a take-along cup then the NutriBullet Pro 900 Personal Blender is an excellent choice. The number of good quality included accessories make the price point a good “bang for the buck”.
Looking for something bigger and even more powerful? One that crushes ice on its own for frozen drink recipes? If so, then you may be looking for a countertop blender, click the link to learn more.
Overall Rating 4.3 out of 5 ★
My Final Opinion
For smoothies to go, in a hurry, I rate the NutriBullet Pro 900 Personal Blender 85 out of 100 and a solid Buy.
Do you have an opinion on this or any other blender? Please leave your comments or questions in the comments box below and I’ll be happy to reply as soon as possible.