Omega J8006 Nutrition Center Juicer
The Omega J8006 Nutrition Center Juicer is a low-speed single screw masticating type juicer. Operating at 80 rpm, it processes food at a much lower speed compared to other types of juicers that run at 1,650 to 15,000 rpm. This preserves healthy enzymes prevents oxidation. This means that juice can be stored, refrigerated, up to 72 hours.
Name: Omega J8006 Nutrition Center Juicer
Price: Hover your mouse on the image below for current price
Owners: Legacy Companies, Fort Lauderdale, FL.
CEO: Neal Asbury
Overall Rank: 90 out of 100
Description: Masticating Juice Extractor
Voltage: 120V/60Hz/1ph., 220V/50Hz/1ph., 220V/60Hz/1ph.
Power: 150 Watts / 1/3 HP gear reduction equal to 2 HP/80 RPMs
Weight: 13 lbs.
Dimensions: 6.5″W x 14.5″D x 15.5″H
Warranty: 15 years
The Omega J8006 is a heavy-duty juicer with multiple uses. It uses GE’s ULTEM plastic material in the auger, reportedly 8 times stronger than the plastic used in other machines.
Parts are BPA-free and dishwasher safe.
The low-speed of 80 RPMs ensures high nutritional values and longer lasting product without degradation.
The powerful motor easily handles plant fibers and membrane penetration to extract vitamins, minerals, and enzymes.
The Omega J8006 Nutrition Center Juicer has a dual-stage design. First, the fruit and/or vegetables are crushed and the juice extracted. Then, during the second pressing stage, the pulp is squeezed and ejected. This maximizes juice yield and leads to a drier pulp.
It features a built-in reverse function to prevent clogging.
Automatic pulp ejection into a pulp container allows for continuous juicing.
A 15-year warranty, the industry’s longest backs up its claim “engineered to last a lifetime”.
- Continuous Juicing
- Easy to put together and take apart
- Easy to clean
- Quality Engineering
- 15-year Warranty
- Plastic auger stains easily and shows early signs of wear, however, the noticeable wear is only during the break-in period
- Some pre-preparation, i.e. cutting up of large hard produce, helps which takes time
- Cup is not large enough for 2 or 3 people
- Some complaints about Omega’s customer service
What Is It Used For?
The Omega J8006 Nutrition Center Juicer can be used to make:
- fruit and vegetable juicer
- wheatgrass and leafy greens juicer
- pasta extruder
- nut butters
- baby food
- frozen desserts
- soy milk extruder
Who Is This Juicer For Or Not?
This is a juicer for juicing followers looking to get the most out of their machine. The Omega J8006 Nutrition Center Juicer will make daily healthy juices from everything from wheatgrass and leafy greens to the hardest fruits and vegetables. It is heavy-duty and will last a long, long time.
This is not your quick morning smoothie maker. Juicing takes more time to prepare fruits and vegetables and to slowly juice them to prevent damaging oxidation and nutrient loss due to heat. Caution is advised for diabetics or people watching their weight. Due to the high and easily digested sugar and high-calorie content in pure fruit juices, either combine vegetables and fruit together to dilute the sugar, make smoothies, or eat whole fruit for the fiber content.
Attachments And Accessories
The Omega J8006 Nutrition Center Juicer comes with:
- Motor Base Unit and all components required for juicing
- User Manual
Average 4.5 out of 5 stars
(5 stars 76%, 4 stars 13% = Total 89%)
By Buzzard on January 22, 2017
Color: Chrome/Verified Purchase
I would have given it 5 stars but the auger show some signs of wear after some fibrous roots such a turmeric and ginger. the once sharp grooves at the extraction end have become rounded after uses. I will keep an eye on it. Other than that small detail it works just great and have had no problem. It juices everything I put in the beast. The other thing is that you HAVE TO CUT UP your fruit and veggies to fit the tube or they get stuck, this take a little time but it’s not big deal for me, just saying. It extracts plenty of juice and overall I am really pleased with the unit.
By Brittany on May 19, 2016
Color: Chrome/Verified Purchase
Four stars because I use this thing every morning, and have absolutely gotten my money’s worth out of it. It’s nice for when you still have extra produce left over at the end of the week, and don’t want to waste it, but can’t fit it into a recipe. Here is a fair breakdown of the product:
– It’s a masticating juicer, which allows for much of the fruit/veggie nutrients to make it into the juice
– It’s not as noisy as some of the other juicers I have used
– Assembly and breakdown of the parts are very quick and easy
– parts are dishwasher safe
– The design allows it to sit under our cabinets so it can stay out in the kitchen ( more likely to use it this way!)
– You cannot run the pulp through the juicer a second time and get anything out of it. Any time I’ve tried to do this, the juicer clogs.
– It does not juice leafy greens as well as other juicers I have used.
– You have to be methodological as to what fruits and veggies you are placing in the juicer. I cannot juice a whole apple without it turning to mush and getting stuck in the part that rotates. I usually have to juice half an apple and then feed parts of a cucumber through it in order to push the apple pulp to the end.
– It promises to be a meat grinder, and it simply does not serve this purpose.
All in all I am happy with my purchase. My husband and I are getting a lot more veggies into our diet with this product, and using all of our leftover produce. I think there are pro’s and con’s to every juicer on the market, and it boils down to personal preference and how much you are willing to spend.
My Final Opinion
For dedicated juicers that want a machine that will give them its all-out best on a daily basis for a long time, I give the Omega J8006 Nutrition Center Juicer a 90 out of 100 and a recommended Buy.
Learn more about other types and brands, read my juicers page.
Do you have an opinion on the Omega J8006 Nutrition Center Juicer based on your personal experience that you would like to share? Leave it in the comments box below.
If you have any other comments or questions please leave them below or email me at email@example.com.