Philips Airfryer Original Airfryer with Bonus 150+ Recipe Cookbook - HD9220-28
Philips Airfryer Original Airfryer with Bonus 150+ Recipe Cookbook – HD9220-28
Are you interested in healthy cooking? Would you like to fry with up to 75% less fat? Air is the new oil! The Philips Airfryer Original Airfryer with Bonus 150+ Recipe Cookbook – HD9220-28 uses rapid air technology. Fry, grill, roast, and bake with a tablespoon of oil or less. You and your family can enjoy the same delicious fried food with a crispy outside and tender inside without the negative health effects of deep frying. Read my detailed and honest review of the Philips Airfryer Original Airfyer here.
Name: Philips Airfryer Original Airfryer HD9220/28
Price: Hover your mouse over the image below for price
Manufacturer: Royal Philips
CEO: Frans van Houten
Overall Rank: 90 out of 100
Philips Airfryer Original Airfryer with Bonus 150+ Recipe Cookbook – HD9220-28 – Overview
Philips Airfryer is the world’s #1 Airfryer. Over 7 Million units have been sold. A patented rapid air flow starfish design ensures even cooking throughout. The integrated 30-minute timer automatically shuts the unit off at the end of the timing cycle and includes a “ready” sound indicator. Temperature control is easily adjustable up to 390ºF (199ºC). You and your family will enjoy healthy and perfectly prepared snacks, chicken, meat, and crispy, golden-brown French fries all at the right time and temperature.
Philips Airfryer Original Airfryer with Bonus 150+ Recipe Cookbook – HD9220-28 – Features
- Low fat fryer – reduces fat, up to 75% less than conventional deep fryers
- Multicooker – fries, roasts, grills, and even bakes
- 28 oz. (800g) capacity basket – holds 1 bag (1.75 lbs.) of French fries
- Cool wall exterior – no worries about burns especially with children around
- Cord storage – avoid clutter on your countertop and cupboards
- Automatic shut-off with ready signal when cooking time is done
- Temperature control up to 390ºF (199ºC)
- Time control up to 30 minutes
- Recipe book and app – with 150+ recipes for you to enjoy
- Non-slip feet
- Patented Rapid Air Technology
- Quick and easy clean-up – the removable nonstick coated drawer and the food basket are dishwasher-safe.
Capacity: 28 oz. (0.8 kg)
Finish: Black or White Plastic (>90% recycled materials)
Power: 1425 Watts
Voltage: 120VAC, 50/60 Hz.
Cord Length: 31.5″ (0.8 m)
Dimensions: 11.3″ (287 mm) x 12.4″ (315 mm) x 15.1 (384 mm)
Weight: 15.4 lbs. (7.0 kg)
The Pros & the Cons
- Cooks with air instead of oil for healthier fried foods, with the same crispy outside and tender inside. Also, save on the cost of oil.
- Safer than deep frying, no chance of expensive fire or smoke damage.
- Easy to use time and temperature controls, no complicated instructions to learn. Just plug-in, set according to the recipe or your personal preference and enjoy when done.
- Versatile cooking methods mean you can fry, grill, roast or bake a large variety of meals. You will love using the Philips Airfryer Original Airfryer with Bonus 150+ Recipe Cookbook – HD9220-28 so much, you’ll never put it away.
- The included 150+ recipe book will introduce you to many, new, and different culinary experiences.
- Endorsed by famous chef and TV star, Gordon Ramsay. If he recommends it, you know it has to be a great product.
- Rapid Air Technology keeps the greasy smell of fried oil out of your kitchen.
- The basket holds a 1 lb. bag of French fries or 2 chicken breasts which is enough for 2 adults. If you are looking for something bigger, try the Philips XL Air Fryer, HD9240/94 with its larger basket that holds 2 lbs. of French fries.
- The Philips Airfryer Original Airfryer HD9220-28 doesn’t come with a lot of accessories. See below for recommended accessories available at additional cost.
- Some negative comments about difficulty cleaning. To avoid this, use 9″ diameter perforated parchment papers. You can also use Reynolds parchment paper, perforated with a knife in a dozen slits or holes.
Who is the Philips Airfryer Original Airfryer with Bonus 150+ Recipe Cookbook – HD9220-28 For?
The Philips Airfryer Original Airfryer HD9220-28 is for those that want a healthier way to cook, without losing taste or texture in their fried foods. If you are looking for a variety of ways to use less oil in your cooking, then this is a great way.
Use 75% less oil than conventional deep frying. Fry, roast, grill, or bake meals with a variety of recipes. The 150+ recipe cookbook gives you many new and exciting ideas.
It is ideal for smaller households of 2-3 people. But, it is also very fast, so you can also use it for the occasional drop-in guest.
Cooking With The Philips Airfryer Original Airfryer with Bonus 150+ Recipe Cookbook – HD9220-28
Click the following link for Gordon’s Tiger Shrimp and Glass Noodle Salad Recipe.
Other Gordan Ramsay recipes for the Philips Airfryer Original Airfryer with Bonus 150+ Recipe Cookbook – HD9220-28 include:
- Turkey Sliders
- Chili and Coffee Rubbed Ribeye
- Kale and Chicken Salad
These recipes and others are available in the 150+ Recipe Cookbook included with the airfryer.
Here are Philips top 6 Airfryer recipes:
- Fish and Chips
- Spicy Drumsticks with Barbecue Marinade
- Roasted rack of lamb with a macadamia crust
- Pork Tenderloin with bell pepper
- Fried hot prawns with cocktail sauce
- Apricot Blackberry Crumble
If you want to try any of these, click on this link: Philips Airfryer Recipes.
Attachments and Accessories:
The Philips AirFryer Original Airfryer HD9220-28 includes:
- 1425-watt low fat Airfryer
- 28 oz. (800 g) stainless steel wire basket
- Non-stick, dishwasher-safe cooking drawer
- 31.5″ (0.8 m) power cord
- 150+ Recipe Cookbook
- 1-year limited warranty
Additional accessories recommended to make the most out of your Philips Airfryer Original Airfryer with Bonus 150+ Recipe Cookbook – HD9220-28:
- Variety Basket – with stainless steel splatterproof lid for dishes like dehydrated fruits and vegetables, roast coffee beans, etc. Ingredients that would otherwise, without the lid, fly out of the basket due to the high-speed airflow.
- Airfryer Baking Accessory – for all your favorite baking recipes. Quickly and easily make delicious cakes, bread, gratin, quiche, and much more.
- Grill Pan – Viva Collection Airfryer – has a unique pierced non-stick surface with ridges that works with the Rapid Air Technology to create healthier grilled fish, meat, and vegetables.
- Double Layer Accessory – allows baking flatter foods like burgers, chicken wings, fish, and more. Or use the included skewers for vegetables or shish kebab.
Note: These accessories are not needed for the most common cooking tasks on this device.
Amazon customers rate the Philips Airfryer Original Airfryer 4.2 out of 5 stars (81% positive 4 or 5 out of 5 stars.
Fakespot analysis detected 90% high-quality reviews on Amazon and gives them a Grade “A”.
Philips Airfryer Original Airfryer with Bonus 150+ Recipe Cookbook – HD9220-28 – My Final Opinion
If you are looking for a small kitchen appliance that cooks healthier fried food with less oil and fat, I give the Philips Airfryer Original Airfryer with Bonus 150+ Recipe Cookbook – HD9220-28 a 90 out of 100 and a highly recommended buy.
Ready to get yours today on Amazon? Click the link below:
Need more information or a look at some of the other great Airfryers available on the market? Click the following link to go my review of The 10 Best Air Fryers Of 2018.
Would you like to share your opinion of the Philips Airfryer Original Airfryer with Bonus 150+ Recipe Cookbook – HD9220-28? I’d love to hear it. Please leave your comment or question in the comment box below.
If you liked this review, please share it with your friends and click on your favorite social media button.
Be first to get the latest Small Kitchen Appliances For You reviews, news, and updates. Subscribe at the top right of this post, no spam, no flood of emails, and your information stays with me.