Philips Viva TurboStar Frustration Free Airfryer HD9621-99
Are you concerned about the amount of fried foods in your diet and looking for a healthier way to cook? Air is the new oil. The Philips Viva TurboStar Airfryer HD9621-99 constantly circulates hot air cooking foods with a tablespoon or less of oil. This results in fried foods with up to 75% less fat. But, the heated airflow and powerful, direct heat produce food with the same crispy outside and tender inside as deep frying in oil. So, you don’t lose the flavor and texture that you love. Is the Philips Viva TurboStar Airfryer HD9621-99 the cooking appliance that you have been looking for? Read on to find out.
Name: Philips Viva TurboStar Airfryer HD9621-99
Price: Hover your mouse over the image below for price
Manufacturer: Royal Philips
CEO: Frans van Houten
Overall Rank: 86 out of 100
Philips Viva TurboStar Airfryer HD9621-99 – Overview
After years of eating deep-fried foods and becoming so used to the satisfying crunch of the nicely browned outer layer followed by the tasty, tender inside, I find it difficult to cook healthier meals. However, I know that it is necessary for weight control, a strong heart, and plaque-free blood vessels. Air frying has changed all of that for me. (Ref: Healthline – Is Cooking With an Air Fryer Healthy?)
The Philips Viva TurboStar Airfryer HD9621-99 is a great way to start air frying. It is a recent model introduced in late 2017. It is 20% smaller but has the same 1.8 lb capacity as the previous model.
TurboStar technology circulates hot air continuously throughout the QuickClean cooking basket. A non-stick mesh ensures thorough, even cooking while draining excess produced fat.
Air frying is safer than deep-frying with oil. There is less chance of fire and there is no splattering of hot oil.
For quick clean-up, the removable non-stick coated drawer, food basket, and mesh are all dishwasher-safe.
This is a highly efficient cooker, no preheat is needed because the air fryer is instantly hot and ready to use immediately.
It is also versatile, not only able to fry foods but it also grills, roasts, and even bakes.
Philips Viva TurboStar Airfryer HD9621-99 – Features
The Philips Company is best known for its lighting products, having started in 1892 as a carbon-filament lamp manufacturer in Eindhoven, Netherlands. Along the way to producing commercial appliances, it also made radios, the Stirling engine, and electric shavers among other things.
Currently, they are organized into three main divisions, Philips Consumer Lifestyle, Philips Healthcare, and Signify. They enjoy a reputation for high-quality, long-lasting products along with excellent service and support.
Functionality and Performance
- TurboStar technology exposes food to constant, circulating heat that cooks thoroughly while draining excess fat
- Save time and energy, instant heat means no preheating is needed
- Next generation Philips Air Fryer now 20% smaller with the same 1.8lb capacity
- Easy 90-second cleaning with the QuickClean basket, removable non-stick mesh, and all detachable parts that are dishwasher-safe
- Cooks with a tablespoon or less of oil for 75% less fat
- Healthier cooking with fewer calories
- Fries, grills, roasts, and bakes for more versatile cooking options
- Simple analog controls for temperature, 180ºF to 390ºF, and time, 0 to 30 minutes
- On/Off switch and power-on light
- A ready signal sounds when the cooking time is over and the unit automatically shuts off to prevent overcooking
- Non-slip feet prevent the airfryer from shifting position when putting the cooking basket in or out
- The cool wall exterior keeps you and any children safe from burns from touching the unit while it is in operation
- Easily exchange accessories with the Universal EasyClick handle
- Built-in cord storage
- Comes with app and recipe booklet for more than 200 recipes
Capacity: 1.8lb/2.75qt. (0.8kg/2.6l) good for up to 4 servings
Power: 1425 Watts
Temperature Range: 180ºF (65.6ºC) to 390ºF (198.9ºC) in 30º increments
Timer Range: Up to 30 minutes
Voltage: 120VAC, 60 Hz.
Dimensions: 10.5″ (266 mm)L x 11.5″ (292 mm)W x 10.9″ (276 mm)H
Weight: 11.7 lbs. (5.3 kg)
The Good & the Bad
- Energy efficient
- Easy to clean
- No air filter – some smoke and odor are produced during cooking. The ideal place to cook with this air fryer is under a cooking vent.
- Short power cord – need to place the unit near a power outlet.
Cooking With The Philips Viva TurboStar Airfryer HD9621-99
Over 200 recipes are included in the app and recipe book that comes with the Philips Viva TurboStar Airfryer HD9621-99. Fry, grill, roast or bake breakfast, dinner, snacks, dessert and more. Here are a few easy to make dishes:
- Roasted Asian Chicken Wings
- Potato Gratin
- Sweet & Sour Shrimp
- Crispy Spring Rolls
- French Fries
- Mini Empanadas
- and many more
Watch this video for your free bonus turkey slider air fryer recipe by famous celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay.
Philips Viva TurboStar Airfryer HD9621-99 – Attachments and Accessories:
The Philips Viva TurboStar Airfryer HD 9621-99 comes with:
- 1425-watt low-fat airfryer
- QuickClean basket with removable Teflon-coated, stainless steel mesh
- Universal EasyClick handle
Additional accessories available at extra cost:
- Airfry Grill Pan Accessory
- Suitable for HD962X range
- Suitable for HD962X range
- Versatile cooking
- Non-stick surface
Philips Viva TurboStar Airfryer HD9621-99 – Customer Comments
Amazon rating 4.4 out of 5 stars (82% positive with 4 or 5 stars out of 5).
Fakespot analysis of Amazon comments found 80% high-quality reviews for a product review grade of “B”.
Who is the Philips Viva TurboStar Airfryer HD9621-99 For?
If you are looking to cook healthy, low-fat, lower calorie meals for you and your family. But, you don’t want to give up the great taste and texture of deep-fried foods, then the Philips Viva TurboStar Airfryer HD9621-99 will give you what you want.
It is fast and energy efficient, made by a reliable brand manufacturer. In addition to frying, it is versatile and can also grill, roast, and bake.
Although reduced in size compared to its predecessor, its capacity remains the same. You can cook a delicious dish for up to 4 people at one time.
You will love the simple black modern styling that fits in any kitchen.
Is this not what you are looking for? Check out this page, The 10 Best Air Fryers Of 2018 to find more choices of these wonderful, healthy cooking appliances.
Philips Viva TurboStar Airfryer HD9621-99 – My Final Opinion
The Philips Viva TurboStar Airfryer HD9621-99 is a great appliance for cooking healthy dishes. Its many features, versatility, high-quality, and durability rate it 86 out of 100 in my view. Hope you agree.
So, what do you think about the Philips Viva TurboStar Airfryer HD9621-99? If you have experience or an opinion about this or any airfryer product, I’d love to hear it. Please leave your comments or questions in the comment box below.