Secura Duxtop 8100MC 1800W Portable Induction Cooktop Countertop Burner Gold
What is one of the hottest trends in small kitchen appliances now? Does the Secura Duxtop 8100MC 1800W Portable Induction Cooktop give you a hint? Yes, it’s induction cooking. Maybe you have a tiny kitchen with no room for a conventional stove. Or maybe you want a portable cooktop for your RV, cottage or small college apartment. Or if you just need an extra burner for those big family reunions or parties, read more here to find out if a portable induction cooktop will fit your need.
Name: Secura Duxtop 8100MC 1800W Portable Induction Cooktop
Price: Hover your mouse over the image below for price
Manufacturer: Secura, Inc.
Overall Rank: 85 out of 100
What Is Induction Cooking?
Induction cooking is really no different than stovetop cooking. The difference is in the heat source. Most stovetops use gas or electric, although there are some that use wood or propane, as their heat source. Thermal conduction transfers heat not only to the pot or pan via the burner element or plate, it also heats up the surrounding air wasting a lot of energy.
Here is a short video demonstrating an induction cooktop in action:
An induction cooktop transfers heat directly to the pot or pan. No wasted energy. This is done by magnetic induction. In order to use an induction cooktop burner, your cookware must be ferromagnetic. Examples of ferromagnetic cookware are cast iron, cast aluminum, enameled iron, and steel. Stainless steel with a magnetic bottom will also work. Non-induction ready cookware may be used if placed on a ferromagnetic disk.
The safety advantages of induction cooking are obvious. There are no flames or hot elements. You or your children will not get burned by accidental touching of the burner. Also, the risk of a fire is greatly reduced.
Induction cooktops are more efficient, add less waste heat to your kitchen, are easy to clean, and can be quickly turned on and off.
Visit Wikipedia/Induction Cooking for more information.
Secura Duxtop 8100MC 1800W Portable Induction Cooktop – Product Overview
The Secura Duxtop 8100MC 1800W Portable Induction Cooktop is a simple, inexpensive countertop burner. It is safe, efficient, versatile, easy to use, and easy to clean.
Induction cooktops do not use open flames or red hot elements like other burners to produce heat. This means that they are much safer to use. There is little chance of a fire due to flammable items coming into contact with a flame or hot burner. And the surface does not get hot, except for a little residual heat from the cookware which goes away quickly when the pot or pan is removed.
Heat transfers only from the cookware to the food. Energy is not wasted by going from flame or hot element to the pan and then to the food. The Secura Duxtop 8100MC 1800W Portable Induction Cooktop heats the pot or pan directly without wasting energy to heat the air in your kitchen making it much more efficient than conventional cooktops.
It is small, light, easy to carry, and plugs into any standard household electrical outlet. With 10 power levels from 200 – 1800 Watts and 10 temperature levels from 140-460ºF (60-238ºC) you can cook a variety of foods in many different culinary fashions.
A digital touch sensor panel controls the power and temperature levels. A count-down timer is built-in with 1-minute increments up to 170 minutes. Auto-pan detection shuts the cooktop off automatically if no cookware is detected for 60 seconds. Also, there is a diagnostic error message system with low and high voltage warnings.
Because there is no heat generated on the surface of the cooktop, cleaning is easy with a damp cloth. Food does not cook or burn onto the surface of the cooktop.
- plugs into a standard household electric outlet
- lightweight and compact, easy to handle and store
- Scratch-resistant glass ceramic top
- Attractive, easy to use digital touchscreen control panel with
- LED display
- 10 temperature levels
- 10 power levels
- 170-minute count-down timer
- Safety features
- error code display
- auto pan detection
- high and low voltage detection system
- Attractive, modern styling
Capacity: 2 zones – 6.25″ (16cm) and 9.5″ (24cm) diameter, max 11″ pan
Finish: Black and Gold glass ceramic
Power Range: 200-1800 watts, adjustable in 10 levels
Temperature Range: 140-460ºF (60-238ºC), adjustable in 10 levels
Timer: 170-minute, adjustable in 1-minute intervals
Voltage/Amps: 120VAC, 60 Hz./15 Amps
Dimensions: 13″ (33 cm) x 11.5″ (29.2 cm) x 2.5″ (6.35 cm)
Weight: 6.5 lbs (2.95 kg)
The Good & the Bad
- Safe – low risk of fire and personal injury due to flame or hot burner elements. Cooktop stays cool and only heats up ferromagnetic metals.
- Other built-in safety measures – auto-pan detection, low and high voltage warning system, and diagnostic error message system
- Efficient – uses 83% of the energy to heat the food keeping your kitchen cooler
- Fast – boils water quicker than electric or gas burners
- Easy to use – simple touch-sensitive controls
- Versatile – wide power and temperature range, built-in timer
- Uses standard 120V, 15 Amp household electrical outlet
- Attractive – leave it on the countertop so your guests can admire it too
- Less expensive than many competitors products
- Induction compatible cookware required to work. If a magnet sticks to the bottom of the pot or pan then it is induction compatible. Induction compatible cookware is easy to find.
- In spite of 10 power and 10 temperature settings, control is not fine enough. It goes from hot to very hot in only a couple of low-range steps.
- A common complaint is that the control panel is too close to the heating surface and not tilted away causing radiant heat from larger pans to melt and warp the plastic cover over the controls.
Cooking With The Secura Duxtop 8100MC 1800W Portable Induction Cooktop Countertop Burner Gold
Anything that you can cook on a stovetop can be cooked on the Secura Duxtop 8100MC 1800W Portable Induction Cooktop.
Amazon ratings 4.2 out of 5 stars (81% positive with 4 or 5 stars out of 5).
Fakespot detected over 90% high-quality reviews and gave the Anova Culinary Sous Vide Precision Cookers a Grade A rating.
Who is the Secura Duxtop 8100MC 1800W Portable Induction Cooktop For?
The Secura Duxtop 8100MC 1800W Portable Induction Cooktop is for anyone that needs a small, safe, portable cooker that is fast and highly efficient.
Are you looking for a portable cooktop for your small kitchen, your cottage, your RV, or for that extra burner to help during large family reunions or get-togethers? Then this is one you should seriously consider.
If you want to compare the Secura Duxtop 8100MC 1800W Portable Induction Cooktop to others available on the market, visit my blog post The 12 Best Portable Induction Cooktops Of 2018.
Secura Duxtop 8100MC 1800W Portable Induction Cooktop Countertop Burner Gold – My Final Opinion
You will love the Secura Duxtop 8100MC 1800W Portable Induction Cooktop. It is a beautiful, versatile, and easy to use cooker for your small kitchen. I give this portable induction cooktop an 85 out of 100 and a recommended buy.
Are you looking for a portable induction cooktop for yourself or as a gift? Buy from Amazon by clicking the link below:
Do you own a Secura Duxtop 8100MC 1800W Portable Induction Cooktop Countertop Burner Gold? If you have experience or an opinion about this or any other induction cooktop, I’d love to hear it. Feel free to leave your comments or questions in the comment box below.