VitaClay VM7900 Smart Organic Multi-Cooker
What makes the VitaClay VM7900 Smart Organic Multi-Cooker stand-out against its competition? The unique feature of the VitaClay is its clay pot. Almost all other multi-cookers use ceramic or metal as the pot. Does this feature make the VitaClay a better multi-cooker than the others? Read this detailed review to find out.
Name: VitaClay VM7900 Smart Organic Multi-Cooker
Price: Hover your mouse over the image below for price
Manufacturer: Essenergy, Inc
CEO: Michelle Liu
Overall Rank: 85 out of 100
VitaClay VM7900 Smart Organic Multi-Cooker, Rice Cooker, Slow Cooker, Digital Steamer plus bonus Yogurt Maker
The VitaClay VM7900 Smart Organic Multi-Cooker provides full flavor and maximum nutrition from foods.
Due to the porosity of the clay pot means the moisture and heat circulate throughout the pot while cooking. Because clay is naturally alkaline, it reacts with acidity in food to neutralize pH balance. Food cooked in clay pots has a more robust taste with authentic flavor and texture.
The Zisha clay is natural and unglazed. Food is always free from non-stick glazes and coatings, lead, and aluminum. Thus, foods cooked in the VitaClay VM7900 Smart Organic Multi-Cooker are healthier and better for you.
The clay pot also heats up faster. It brings liquids to a boil four times faster than conventional slow cookers. It’s smart technology automatically reduces the heat to simmer for the correct time.
An airtight dual lid enhances flavors and preserves valuable nutrients, enzymes, and vitamins.
This is clay pot cooking at its best. Electric heating, computerized time and temperature controls take the guesswork out of cooking while the advantages of cooking in a clay pot take care of the flavor, texture, and nutrient value.
The VitaClay VM7900 Smart Organic Multi-Cooker hs 7 pre-programmed function settings:
- White rice (Quinoa)
- Brown rice (Wholegrain or Wild rice)
- Sweet rice (Sushi, Sticky)
- Stew (Roast or Steam or Beans)
- Yogurt (Germinate)
It is also fully programmable in 10-minute steps from 10 minutes up to 5 hours. A delay timer starts cooking at any time of the day whether you are awake or away from the house. Automatic switching to Warm after the cooking time is over means meals will not be overcooked when you wake up or return home but will be hot and ready to serve.
The VitaClay VM7900 Smart Organic Multi-Cooker is a smart rice cooker. You just let it know what kind of rice you’re cooking and the VitaClay will do the rest. Make fluffy rice, brown rice, wholegrain or wild rice, sweet rice, sticky rice, and porridge at the push of a button.
Make gourmet meals the slow cooker way with the VitaClay. Stews, soups, pot roast, chilis, one-pot meals, jambalaya, and many other recipes will delight you and your family after a long hard day.
Vegetables and seafood come out of the VitaClay VM7900 Smart Organic Multi-Cooker tastier and healthier. Soak the pot before using it and the unglazed clay absorbs moisture. This is then released slowly but steadily as steam so you don’t have to worry about running out of water during the steaming.
The double lid design builds up micro-pressure to cut slow cooking time and energy usage in half. Food comes out more flavorful and nutrient rich.
And now you can make loads of fresh, probiotic, calcium-rich Greek-style yogurt for your whole family. The VitaClay VM7900 Smart Organic Multi-Cooker ensures that it is safe and healthy. Choose your own ingredients for artisan yogurt with more probiotic enzymes and higher calcium levels that store-bought yogurts. Also, on the yogurt setting, you can germinate your own brown rice.
The VitaClay VM7900 Smart Organic Multi-Cooker is easy to clean. The clay pot is naturally non-stick. Let the pot cool until it’s close to room temperature. Then soak it in warm water with just a couple of drops of dish detergent and the food residue will wash and rinse away without scrubbing. Be gentle handling it so it doesn’t crack.
What Is It Used For?
Use the VitaClay VM7900 Smart Organic Multi-Cooker, Rice Cooker, Slow Cooker, Digital Steamer, and Yogurt Maker to make:
- Sides, Appetizers, and Dips
- Soups, Stews, and Broths
- Meat – Chicken, Beef, and Lamb
- Fish and Seafood
- Vegetarian Side Dishes
- Rice and Grains – White, Brown, Wild, Sweet, Wholegrain, and Quinoa
- Beans and Legumes
- One-pot Meals
- Pasta and Noodles
- Oatmeals and Porridge
- Baby Food
- Desserts and Yogurts
- Herbal Teas and Beverages
- Healing Recipes
- Holiday Recipes
- and more
The Good & The Bad
- Awarded Good Housekeeping “Best Slow Cooker” Award
- Shape Magazine called it “Our favorite multitasker”
- A “Top kitchen pick” according to Weight Watchers
- Faster and easier to use than an Instant Pot
- Saves time cooks up to 75% faster than traditional slow cookers
- Cook with less oil and fat – the steam and the meat’s own juices keep it moist and tender
- Set it and forget it convenience
- Non-toxic, lead-free, no non-stick chemicals
- Naturally circulates heat evenly and consistently
- Oh yeah, did I mention that it has a clay pot?
- It’s a clay pot – if not handled properly it easily breaks. Do not immerse in or add cold water to a hot clay pot, and vice versa. Do not drop the clay pot.
- It must be properly seasoned before using to keep it from cracking. It’s easily done just like you would season a cast-iron pot.
- Dry heat can cause cracking – always make sure there is liquid in the pot when cooking.
- Slight inconvenience – you should always soak the clay pot in water every time before using it.
- Cannot handle high temperatures – the clay pot is not made for stovetop cooking.
- The clay pot and clay lid get hot when cooking. Use oven gloves or a towel to handle the lid and pot when removing from the cooker to prevent burns.
Attachments and Accessories
The VitaClay VM7900 Smart Organic Multi-Cooker comes with:
- Cooker Cover
- Steam Cap
- Clay Lid
- Clay Pot
- Control Panel
- Main Housing
- Power Cord
- Measuring Cup
- Rice Spoon
Following are the specifications for the VitaClay model VM7900-8. You can also get it in a 2-quart and 6-cup dry models are also available.
- Power: 120 V, 60 Hz, 500-600 Watts
- Capacity: 8 cups dry / 16 cups (4 quarts) cooked rice
- Dimensions: 17.3″ L x 13″ W x 11″ H
- Weight: 16 lb
- 3rd party tested LEAD-FREE clay
- UL listed, FDA, CA Prop 65, and RoHS lab tested
Amazon rating 4.0 out of 5 stars
Fakespot gives it an A grade with over 90% high-quality reviews.
The VitaClay VM7900 Smart Organic Multi-Cooker is best suited for busy families that want to cook healthy, delicious meals but don’t have time to spend in front of a stove.
Is this you? Then this cooker with a clay pot will take care of your needs. The fragile nature of a clay pot must be taken into consideration, balanced by the benefits. For this reason, I give the VitaClay VM7900 Smart Organic Multi-Cooker, Rice Cooker, Slow Cooker, Digital Steamer, and Yogurt Maker an 85 out of 100 and a recommended buy.
Learn about your buying options on Amazon. Click on the link below:
However, if you decide that this wonderful device is not for you, please read about one of the many other multi-cookers available. Click on this link, 12 Best Instant Pot And Programmable Multi-Cookers Of 2018.
Do you have a VitaClay VM7900 Smart Organic Multi-Cooker or other multi-cooker? Please share your experience, comments or questions about these useful small kitchen appliances in the comment box below.