Vitamix A3500 Ascent Blender
Would you like to own a powerful, smart, stylish blender from one of the most highly respected manufacturers around? How about a Vitamix A3500 Ascent Blender? Read below to find out if this recent addition to the Vitamix brand lives up to its pedigree.
Name: Vitamix A3500 Ascent Blender
Price: Hover your mouse over the Amazon links above for current prices
Owners: Barnard family
CEO: Jodi Berg
Overall Rank: 95 out of 100
The Vitamix A3500 Ascent Blender was introduced in early 2017. It automatically adjusts blend settings to the size of the attached container with wireless SELF-DETECT™ technology. The model pictured here is brushed stainless steel. A granite finish is available on Amazon and red, black and white are available from the Vitamix website.
The 1500-watt rated Vitamix A1500 Ascent Blender is powered by a 2.2 peak-HP motor. Although less powerful than the KitchenAid Pro Line and Blendtec Wildside competition, the combination of motor power, blade, and container designs are strong enough to quickly crush ice into snow. Also, hard vegetables, nuts, and grains are easily crushed and pulverized.
Containers, Lids, and Tamper
Available container sizes are:
- 64-ounce (included in the package), ideal for large batches, complete with laser-cut, hardened, stainless steel blades, clear lid with vented plug, and built-in measurements on the container sides.
- 48-ounce container (available) Dry Grains Container designed to grind whole-grain and gluten-free flour. Use it to mix batters and knead thick doughs.
- 48-ounce container (available) for small to medium batches of smoothies, purées, soups, frozen foods, and more. Its smaller size allows it to fit under most kitchen cupboards.
- 20-ounce cups with to-go lids (available in sets of 2). Blend individual smoothies in these cups, cover with the spill-proof lids and take them with you on the go. You can also use them to chop ingredients for meals.
- 8-ounce blending bowls with lids (available in pairs) to make small batches of baby food, dips, and salad dressings or chopped garlic, herbs and onions. Lids are included so you can store the chopped/blended items directly in the fridge.
All containers are BPA-free, dishwasher-safe, and equipped with SELF-DETECT™ technology. 64-ounce and 48-ounce containers come with tampers. They are compatible with other Ascent series blenders only.
The front of the motor base is a stylish control panel with LED display, touchscreen start/stop, touchscreen pulse and touchscreen programmable timer controls. There are 5 pre-programmed touch icons for Smoothies, Hot Soups, Dips & Spreads, Frozen Desserts, and Self-Cleaning. Also on the front panel is a variable speed control dial marked 1 to 10 with 10 being the highest speed.
With the programmable timer, you can customize the length of your blend, turning the machine off automatically at the end of the set time.
The digital display shows:
- the program selected
- the speed and time setting of the program
- the program setting time left
- how long your blend has been running when on manual
Pulse mode allows you to precisely control the size and texture of blended ingredients. This is great for chopping vegetables or making salsas, for example.
An On/Off switch is tucked away on the bottom right-hand side of the base.
Wireless SELF-DETECT™ technology automatically adjusts the built-in programs to the size of container installed. Vitamix says that the technology will also evolve with future innovations.
- Heavy 15 lb. base resists moving around on the countertop
- Easy to use
- Containers, lids, and blades are also dishwasher-safe
- Long 4′ power cord
- 17″ height fits under most kitchen cabinets
- Engineered and assembled in the U.S.A.
- All-metal drive gear
- 10-year warranty
- Heavy, not easy to move around
- Has difficulty blending nut-butters, but can do it
- Containers are only compatible with other Ascent series blenders.
What Is It Used For?
The Vitamix A3500 Ascent Blender can make:
- Hot Soups and Purées
- Baby Food
- Flours & Dough
- Nut Butters
- Frozen Desserts
- Frozen Drinks
- Dressings & Sauces
- Non-Dairy Milks
- Smoothies & Juices
- Dips & Spreads
- and more
Attachments And Accessories
The Vitamix Vitamix A3500 Ascent Blender comes with:
- 2.2 peak-HP motor with overload/overheating protection
- All-metal drive with stainless steel blades
- Large (64-oz.), low-profile container
- Lid, lid plug, and tamper
- 10-year full warranty includes parts, labor and return shipping both ways
Additional accessories available at www.vitamix.com:
- 48-oz. container for wet ingredients, with stainless steel blades, lid, and tamper
- 48-oz. dry-grind container, with stainless steel blades, lid, and tamper
- 2 x 20-oz. containers with stainless steel blades and to-go lids
- 2 x 8-oz. containers with stainless steel blades and storage lids
Average 4.3 out of 5 stars (41 Reviews)
Who Is This Blender For Or Not?
Are you looking for a high-quality, high-performance blender? Then, the Vitamix A3500 Ascent Blender is the one for you. Click on the Amazon link below to buy now.
Are looking for something else? One with even more power, or maybe less powerful or less expensive? Click on the following link to check out my smallkitchenappliancesforyou/blenders page and find what you are looking for from the many available choices.
My Final Opinion
So, for those that want a sleek Vitamix high-performance blender with all the desired features and capabilities of the best of the brand, I give the Vitamix A3500 Ascent Blender a 95 out of 100, well worth the cost, and a highly recommended Buy.
Do you have an opinion on the Vitamix A3500 Ascent Blender based on your personal experience that you would like to share? Please share it or any other comments or questions in the comments box below.